When former Saturday Night Live cast-member Mike Myers was promoting his original Austin Powers movie, he did an interview with Parade magazine.
The reporter asked him why his Dr. Evil character was still so lovable.
He said that his mother – who was very active in the theater – told him:
“Remember: the villain is always the hero of their own story.”
I’ve altered the quote slightly to make it more universal.
People mentioned in this episode:
Books and other resources mentioned in this episode:
Six things about Simple Secrets and its founder, Chris Allen:
- Simple Secrets, LLC is a profit+growth consultancy based in Asheville, North Carolina, with team members around the world.
- Simple Secrets collaborates with a hand-selected group of entrepreneurs, small business owners, and independent practitioners – doctors, lawyers, dentists, veterinarians, CPAs, etc. – to maximize their incomes, allowing them more well-deserved focus, freedom and fulfillment.
- Simple Secrets was founded in 2015 by award-winning direct response marketer, entrepreneur, and consultant Chris Allen.
- In the pre-Internet 90’s, Chris developed and marketed millions of dollars worth of physical products on radio and TV – the old “operators are standing by” days – then used his time-tested warchest of successful marketing methods to go completely digital in 2002, when the Internet began to mature.
- For over a decade, Chris provided information and consulting services to a variety of Fortune 500 companies, including United Airlines, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sony, LexisNexis and The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
- When he’s not online, helping clients, Chris enjoys playing way too much Pickleball, and eating way too much pizza.
Don’t forget your FREE GIFTS!
- If you’re an entrepreneur, own a small business, or have a private practice, click the link below for FREE GIFTS guaranteed to make you more money with less stress…