When I was in college, I was fortunate enough to work a semester at Walt Disney World.
It was great!
A few hundred students from around the country would come in and work for three months, while also taking classes to learn about a different aspect of the operation.
At our final orientation, the lady giving the class said, “Disney World is known as the happiest place on Earth, and you’re going to see so many people having the time of their lives.”
“But the truth is, too, that in surveys conducted in virtually every country around the world, this is the number one place that people say they would like to see before they die.”
“You will see a lot of people in wheelchairs and with obvious medical needs.”
“But many people want to come here while they are still well enough to enjoy the park fully. They may not show any outward signs of illness or disability yet.”
“When you see a guest in a wheelchair or with a disability, we want you to be as helpful to them and make their experience as pleasant as you possibly can.”
“But we expect you to give the exact same level of treatment and care to every guest you encounter.”
“Because the truth is… you never know what people are going through.”
That little talk has remained with me from that day forward.
What profound advice.
People mentioned in this episode:
- None today (personal story).
Books and other resources mentioned in this episode:
- None today.
Six things about Simple Secrets and its founder, Chris Allen:
- Simple Secrets, LLC is a profit and growth consultancy based in Asheville, North Carolina, with team members around the world.
- Simple Secrets collaborates with a hand-selected group of entrepreneurs, small business owners, and independent practitioners – doctors, lawyers, dentists, veterinarians, CPAs, etc. – to maximize their incomes, allowing them more well-deserved focus, freedom and fulfillment.
- Simple Secrets was founded in 2015 by award-winning direct response marketer, entrepreneur, and consultant Chris Allen.
- In the pre-Internet 90’s, Chris developed and marketed millions of dollars worth of physical products on radio and TV – the old “operators are standing by” days – then used his time-tested warchest of successful marketing methods to go completely digital in 2002, when the Internet began to mature.
- For over a decade, Chris provided information and consulting services to a variety of Fortune 500 companies, including United Airlines, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sony, LexisNexis and The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
- When he’s not online, helping clients, Chris enjoys playing way too much Pickleball, and eating way too much pizza.
Don’t forget your FREE GIFTS!
- If you’re an entrepreneur, own a small business, or have a private practice, click the link below for FREE GIFTS guaranteed to make you more money with less stress…